Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vasona Park

Knowing that this summer there was a limited summer school program, we decided that we would have a really fun summer as a family. We have played with Bryson and taken him on some really fun adventures that to him just pass the time, since lets face it he won't remember it other that the pictures we have! As we have already shown, we went to the R Ranch, SoCal, the Aquarium and many Parks around the area.

This last part of my pregnancy has been very hit and miss on how I feel from day to day. Last year we went to the Garlic Festival and I was very much was determined to go, but on the day before I decided (and Matt was very happy) that because my back had been hurting and my ankles were swollen that it was not a great idea.
That being said, when you are in the mind frame of having a good time you don't just want to stay home, so we decided to "take it easy" and find something that would be fun, get the crazies out of Bryson and let us be outside. My friend Jen had taken her son Luke to Vasona Park, in Los Gatos for his Bday and they had such a good time. They have a small train, carousel, and a park with a decommissioned jet and fire truck... we thought Bryson would love it! Turns out Matt and I loved it even more :)
It was a great family outing and the train was only $2, much cheaper than the Garlic Fest. would have been, but don't think I will miss it next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute pics but you're missing the baby bump ones!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete